Code of Conduct and Permission to Participate
ROLE OF PARENTS, COACHES, PLAYERS, AND SUPPORTERS
The parents, coaches, players, and supporters of Holden Baseball represent an impressive cross section of our community. Parents must take the initiative to make Holden Baseball successful and enjoyable for its children. All persons associated with Holden Baseball must understand that their actions and behavior are a direct reflection of our organization, and should under no circumstance have or perceive to have a negative impact to the participants, game, and/or organization. It is incumbent of all parents, coaches, players, and supporters to act as ambassadors of our organization and its parent organization, Little League Baseball.
Parents, Coaches, Players, and/or Supporters are expected to:
• Learn the basic rules of baseball.
• Be positive in any criticisms of the organization, coaches, umpires, and/or players.
• Be willing to volunteer time and/or talents to support and progress the organization.
• Demonstrate recognition of our coaches, board members, sponsors, and umpires.
• Refrain from any unsportsmanlike conduct and/or “grandstand coaching”.
• Remember that baseball is a game played by children, and its outcome the lessons and experiences learned from these games are far more important than scores or standings.
• Applaud good plays and good effort; congratulate the winners; encourage the losers.
• Participate in post-game activities (handshakes, dugout cleanup, field restoration).
• Refrain from smoking, drinking, and/or using drugs on the field or in the stands.
Parents, Coaches, Players, and/or Supporters must observe the following rules at all practices and games:
• Only players, umpires, and CORI-checked and Board-Approved coaches/managers are allowed on the field and/or in the dugouts at any time.
• Treat players, coaches, umpires, league officials, and other spectators with civility and respect.
• Do not interfere with the ability of a coach to devote his/her attention to all children on the team.
• Do not criticize an opposing team, coach, player, and/or fans by gesture or word of mouth.
• Abstain from using abusive or profane language at any time.
• Do not make any physical contact with any player, coach, umpire, league official, or spectator.
Any incident of unsportsmanlike conduct or other violation of Holden Baseball’s rules at any practice, game, or league activity is subject to disciplinary action by Holden Baseball’s Board of Directors, and can range from a verbal warning to expulsion from Holden Baseball.
By submitting a registration form, all parents and players acknowledge that they have read and will strictly adhere to all aspects of this Code of Conduct. Acceptance into Holden Baseball and the continued participation by any player, parent, and/or coach is subject to review by Holden Baseball’s Board of Directors. Any non-compliance with these rules and regulations may be cause for disciplinary action. Furthermore, the submission of a registration form by the parent(s) grants permission for their child to participate in any and all of the activities sponsored by Holden Baseball, including but not limited to its organizers, supervisors, leaders, participants, officials, coaches, and other agents or representatives, who shall be held harmless from any and all claims arising from participation therein.
Holden Baseball reserves the right to update this Code of conduct at any time.